In 1980, that of Valladolid It was, along with those of Seville, Malaga and Cuenca, one of the four celebrations of Holy Week in Spain declared of International Tourist Interest.
The Holy Week in Valladolid has been described as the one that represents the Passion of Christ with greater sobriety, rigor and detail.
The first processions took place in Valladolid in the fifteenth century and today there are tens of thousands of people who visit the city to be able to witness the contemporary version of those processions of more than 500 years ago.
In the absence of more than a month for Holy Week to begin, Valladolid already has more than defined its processes. So you don't miss anything, here we leave you the Complete program of the processions of Holy Week in Valladolid 2019:
Palm Sunday: April 14
- 11:45: Procession of the Palms. Tour: Cascajares, Regalado, Duke of Victory, Montero Calvo, Santiago, Plaza Mayor, Ferrari, Quinones, Lonja, Plaza del Ochavo and Platerías, Penitential Church of Santa Vera Cruz.
- 21:00: Procession of the Holy Christ of Works. Tour: Parish Church of San Agustín, Paseo de Filipinos, Paseo del Príncipe, Plaza de Zorrilla, Santiago, Heroes of Alcántara and Atrio de Santiago.
Holy Monday: April 15
- 20:00 Procession of the Blessed Rosary of Pain. Tour: will depart from the Penitential Church of Santa Vera Cruz with its steps of the seventeenth century. Tour: Silverware, Plaza del Ochavo, Lonja, Quinones, Ferrari, Plaza Mayor, Passion, Plaza de Santa Ana, María de Molina, Heroes of Alcántara, Santiago, Constitution, Regalado, Canovas del Castillo, Fuente Dorada, Vicente Molines, Plaza del Ochavo, Platerías and return to the church.
- 20:30: Procession of Love and Mercy of the Holy Christ of Medinacelli. Tour: San Martín, Angustis, Bao, Plaza del Rosario, San Juan de Dios, Leopoldo Cano, Rúa Oscura, Silverware, Plaza del Ochavo, Vicente Moliner, Golden Fountain, Descent of Freedom, Dyes, Cathedral and Arrivals to the Cathedral. I return to the church.
- 23:00: Procession of the Good Death, with the passage of the "Christ of Oblivion" of the eighteenth century. Tour: Archbishop Gandásegui, University Square, Bookstore, Plaza de Santa Cruz and Alonso Pesquera, National Basilica of the Great Promise, Fidel Recio, La Merced and Don Sancho, Royal College of San Albano (encounter of Christ with the Virgin Vulnerata) .
Holy Tuesday: April 16
- 20:30: Procession of the Encounter of the Blessed Virgin with Her Son in the Street of Bitterness. Route: Plaza de San Andrés, Mantería, Cruz Verde and Alonso Pesquera, Sanatorium of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Fidel Recio, Alonso Pesquera, Plaza de Santa Cruz. The meeting between the two steps will take place at 10 pm in front of the facade of the Palace of Santa Cruz.
- 22:30: Procession of the Pilgrimage of the Promise. Tour: will depart from the Church of the Monastery of Santa Isabel. Santo Domingo de Guzmán, Encarnación, Doctor Cazalla, San Antonio de Padua, Plaza de los Arces and Guadamacileros, Penitential Church of Santa Vera Cruz, Silverware, Plaza del Ochavo, Vicente Moliner, Plaza de la Fuente Dorada, Canovas del Castillo, Regalado , Cascajares, Arribas, López Gómez, to the National Basilica of the Great Promise. I return to the church.
Holy Wednesday: April 17
- 19:30: Prayer Meeting with the Sick.
- 20:30: Via Crucis Processional. Tour: will depart from the Penitential Church of Our Father Jesus Nazarene. Jesús Plaza Mayor, Lingerie, Fish Market, Plaza del Ochavo, Silverware, Santa Vera Cruz Church, Guadamacileros, Leopoldo Cano, San Juan de Dios, Alonso Berruguete, Angustias, Church of Our Lady of the Angustas. Return.
- 20:30: Procession of Forgiveness and Hope. Route: Royal Brugge, Chancery, Saint Martin, Angustias, Freedom Square, Cathedral, Holy Cathedral Church.
- 22:30: Procession of Repentance.
- 23:00: Procession of the Holy Christ of the Mercedes. With its spectacular passage of the 16th century. Route: departure from the Santiago Apostle Parish Church, Santiago Atrium, Heroes of Alcántara, Zúñiga, Santiago, Plaza Mayor, Ferrari, Golden Fountain, Canovas del Castillo, Cascajares, Holy Cathedral Church. Return to the starting church.
- 24:00: Procession of Piety, with three steps of the seventeenth century and one of the twentieth. Route: departure from the Church of San Martín and San Benito el Viejo, San Martín, Avenida Ramón y Cajal, Paseo del Prado de la Magdalena, Covadonga and Plaza de las Batallas. I return to the church for another tour.
- 24:00 Process of the Pilgrimage of Consuelo, with its passage of the XVII, "Santísimo Cristo del Consuelo". Route: San Benito, Plaza de la Rinconada, Cebadería, Plaza del Corrillo, Especería, Plaza del Ochavo, Silverware, Guadamacileros, Plaza de los Arces, San Antonio de Padua, Plaza de San Miguel, Concepción, Expósito, Santo Domingo de Guzmán, Encarnación and San Benito, Church of San Benito.
Holy Thursday: April 18
- 11:00 Procession of the Holy Christ of Light, with the passage of Gregorio Fernández (XVII).
- 18:00 Procession of Penance and Charity, with steps of the seventeenth and twentieth centuries.
- 18:45 Procession of the Bitterness of Christ. This procession is one of the most massive and spectacular in Valladolid. With several steps and brotherhoods meeting in the streets of the city. The "Prayer of the Garden", the "Most Holy Christ of Exaltation" and "Mount Calvary" are just some of these steps.
- 19:00 Procession of the Holy Supper.
- 20:00 Procession of Prayer and Sacrifice, with 4 incredible steps of the 17th century.
- 20:30 Procession of the Blessed Christ Stripped, Christ Way of Calvary and Our Lady of Bitterness.
- 23:00 Procession of the Pilgrimage of Silence. The passage "Christ of the Agony" of the seventeenth century starts from the Penitential Church of Our Father Jesus. Route: Jesus, Plaza Mayor, Ferrari, Plaza de Fuente Dorada, Canovas del Castillo, Cascajares, Holy Cathedral Church. I return to the church.
- 23:30 Rule Procession of the Penitential Brotherhood of Santa Vera-Cruz, with five steps of the seventeenth century.
- 23:55 Titular Procession of the Brotherhood The Descent and Holy Christ of the Good Death "Christ to the Humilladero"
- 24:00 Procession of the "Verum Corpus", with the passage "Christ Yacente", sculpted by Gregorio Fernández between 1631 and 1636.
Good Friday: April 19
- 01:00 Rule Procession of the Illustrious Penitential Brotherhood of Our Lady of Sorrows - Sacrifice and Penance. With the passage of "Our Lady of Sorrows", 16th century.
- 08:00 Procession of the Via Crucis.
- 08:30 Proclamation of the Seven Words
- 12:00 Sermon of the Seven Words, in the Plaza Mayor.
- 17:00 Celebration of the Passion of the Lord, in the Holy Cathedral Church.
- 19:30 General Procession of the Sacred Passion of the Redeemer.
- 24:00 Solemn transfer of the Blessed Christ of the Light.
Holy Saturday: April 20
- Early morning: Procession of Solitude. Tour: Angustias, Alonso Berruguete, San Juan de Dios, San Blas, San Miguel Square, San Antonio de Padua, Plaza de los Arces, Leopoldo Cano, Angustias and Penitential Church, where the Salve Popular will be sung.
- 20:00 Holy Burial of Christ.
- 23:00 Easter Vigil in the Holy Cathedral.
Easter Sunday: April 21
- 10:30 Procession of the Meeting of the Risen Jesus with the Virgin of Joy.
- 11:00 Solemn Easter Mass, in the Holy Cathedral Church.
* You can check all the official complete program of Holy Week in Valladolid 2019 in this link.4.703